5 Dental Do’s for the Prevention of Gum Disease
Gum disease can be a painful, persistent problem. Avoid this dental danger by following these five trusted tips.
Preventing Dental Distress
It’s better to prevent dental damage than to worry about treating gum disease. If you happen to develop gum disease and don’t seek treatment, it can advance into a severe form called periodontal disease that attacks the gums and bones of your teeth. To save yourself from this suffering, embrace these healthy habits for the prevention of gum disease:
- Brush Better: Good dental hygiene is essential in the prevention of gum disease. It’s important to brush your teeth, gums, and tongue at least twice a day to remove trapped food and bacteria. To make sure that you’re brushing your best, ask about brushing techniques when you visit your family dental clinic.
- Floss Frequently: Floss at least once a day to reach the food and plaque that’s trapped between your teeth and gums. Your toothbrush can only reach so much; so flossing is essential to remove remaining bacteria.
- Reach for a Rinse: Dental experts say that using an anti-bacterial mouth rinse can help reduce the plaque and particles that brushing may miss. There are many varieties, so ask your family dental clinic which mouth rinse is best for your needs.
- Realize your Risk: Certain factors can make people more susceptible to periodontal disease. These include age, diet, genetics, smoking, and major health conditions. Make sure to discuss these factors with your dentist to help reduce your risk.
- Pursue Professional Protection: You need to be pro-active about preventing and treating gum disease. In addition to regular professional check-ups and cleanings, ask your dentist for an annual periodontal evaluation to identify any symptoms or risks of developing gum disease.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Blue Bell, call Gentle Dental of Blue Bell today at (267) 439-4912 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Blue Bell. With 14 affiliated practices in the Greater Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Blue Bell, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Blue Bell.