5 Tips for Finding a Great Dentist
When searching for affordable dentists, it’s important to understand which type of provider can give you the care you need. A general or family dentist provides comprehensive exams, basic treatment of diseased teeth and gums, restorative procedures, and preventative care. If you need specialized services such as pediatric care or advanced oral surgery, you can either seek affordable dentists directly, or let your general dentist make a referral.
While finding a dentist in Blue Bell who you feel comfortable with may take some time, the following five tips can help in your search:
- Friends, family members, neighbors, and coworkers can often recommend excellent affordable dentists. If you don’t know anyone in the area, ask healthcare professionals like doctors, nurses, and pharmacists for recommendations. You can also consult local dental societies.
- Do a Web search to find local dentists in Blue Bell, their websites, and reviews their patients have written about them. You can use resources like the online Yellow Pages or review sites like Angie’s List. Avoid choosing dentists with unusually low prices or multiple negative reviews.
- Narrow your list to a few local dentists and schedule a face-to-face consultation with each one. Ask the dentists important questions, such as what types of advanced technologies they use, how they handle weekend emergencies, and what types of payment options are available.
- When you’ve found a dentist you think is the right fit, schedule an appointment. At your first exam, observe the condition of the clinic’s equipment and work areas, and pay attention to how the dentist behaves. Good dentists will explain your condition in detail and offer you specific recommendations for treating current problems and preventing future ones.
- If any dental work is required, evaluate your experience after it’s complete. Did the dentist explain what was happening during the procedure? Were all members of the dental team courteous and gentle? Was pain control adequate? If your comfort level was high, and you have few or no preventable complications, you’ve found the right dentist.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Blue Bell, call Gentle Dental of Blue Bell today at (267) 439-4912 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Blue Bell. With 14 affiliated practices in the Greater Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Blue Bell, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Blue Bell.